Frequently Asked Questions
What does the Chamber do?
The Salmon Valley Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit organization whose mission is to generate support for and promote the well being of its member businesses in the greater Salmon Valley. The Chamber's annual income of approximately $42,700 is derived from events, memberships and grants.
- Member Business Support … since 1976
- Business Advertising… annually invests $7,000 to $8,000 promoting Salmon and your business
- Executive Director… promotes member businesses and Salmon 32 hours per week
- Visitor Center & Office… located in City Center on Main Street, open Mon - Fri
- Comprehensive Chamber Website… detailed community information for locals and visitors
- Member Listings on Website… visitors can perform customized searches for your business
- Promote your Events and Specials… email to our vast member list of local businesses
- Comprehensive Community Calendar… drives members, non-members and visitors to the website
- Monthly Luncheons… guest speakers, member recognition, businesses of the month and networking
- Business After Hours Events… highlight your business or special events
- Member Brochure Board… at City Center is available to the public round the clock
- Salmon Tourism Video… created by the Chamber, on the website and YouTube
- Mailings… 300 vacation / relocation packages mailed annually
- Facebook … promote your business to a broader audience via links and posts on the Chamber page
Salmon Valley Chamber of Commerce sponsors five main events annually:
- Main Street Cleanup… helps Salmon shine for the summer tourism season
- Salmon River Days… lodging properties report 75% to 100% full during Salmon River Days
- Salmon Marathon… average of $33,000 spent in Salmon during marathon weekend each year
- Holiday Parade of Lights… kicks off the holiday season in Salmon
- Evening of Holiday Shopping… Arfmann’s report it’s their biggest single sales day each year
How much does it cost to join the Chamber?
When is your luncheon?
The second Wednesday of each month at noon at different locations. Learn more here.